[kepler-dev] What is this?

Ilkay Altintas altintas at sdsc.edu
Fri Oct 15 13:49:59 PDT 2004

Edward,

Thanks for the tip... In the case of the web service actor, I
believe checking the port names wouldn't solve the problem
because everytime I open the workflow, the operation name is
being set to empty string again and everytime I add a new
choice to the operation name, the attributeChanged is being
called again.

So I checked the url, operation name and state of the actor
before the url and operation had changed. Depending on that
state, I apply the changes (sometimes partially) or not. It
looks like this has solved the problem for now.

I was wondering if there could be a safer way of doing GUI and
port updates without having to do it right when the attributes
are changed. Like collecting the changes somehow and applying
them at once so that the changes in the middle won't change
the GUI and port configuration. Would changeRequest() be used
for this purpose?

Thanks,
Ilkay