[kepler-dev] Using PortParameter as StringParameter

Edward A. Lee eal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Sat Nov 20 08:54:24 PST 2004

No, when I made this change I did it only for string mode, not
for file parameters...  presumably, it could be done...
There is a lot more code in FileParameter, however, that would have
to be promoted to the base class...

The preferred way to handle _showName is to use a boolean-valued
parameter. You can do it in Java code like this example from the tree:

     public StringReplace(CompositeEntity container, String name)
             throws NameDuplicationException, IllegalActionException  {
         super(container, name);
         pattern = new PortParameter(this, "pattern");
         pattern.setStringMode(true);
         pattern.setExpression("");
         (new SingletonParameter(pattern.getPort(), "_showName"))
                 .setToken(BooleanToken.TRUE);

Edward