[kepler-dev] Re: type signatures in the expression language

Edward A Lee eal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Sat Jul 31 05:17:18 PDT 2004

At 11:15 AM 7/30/2004 -0700, Tobin Fricke wrote:
>Specific application: say I have an array x={double} and y={double} and I
>want to produce {{x=double,y=double,z=double}} for all pairs of values
>(x,y) and with z = f(x,y) for a function f.  Can/should this be described
>in the expression language or should I just write the java actor?

Ideally, this would be easily done in the expression language.
However, I don't think we have the suite of primitives there yet...
A systematic development of a good suite of array primitives and
higher-order functions (we have map, but not zip, scan, etc.)
is sorely needed...

Edward

Edward A. Lee, Professor
518 Cory Hall, UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720
phone: 510-642-0455, fax: 510-642-2739
eal at eecs.Berkeley.EDU, http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/~eal