[kepler-dev] 2d display widget?

Tobin Fricke tobin at splorg.org
Wed Jul 28 16:47:59 PDT 2004

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004, Tobin Fricke wrote:

> URL-or-filename?  Is there a way to support input redirection? i.e.,
> possibly to have the CommandLine actor start the cmdline process on
> initialize() and feed.

Whoops, didn't finish my sentence:  To start the process on initialize()
and then on each firing, copy the input token to the process's stdin, and
form output tokens from the process's stdout.

The actor could include an 'input transformer' and an 'output transformer'
to turn string tokens into standard input and to parse standard output
into tokens.  These could be awk expressions or maybe just regexps.