[kepler-dev] Re: right click bug with linux and OSX

Christopher Hylands Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Jul 13 21:28:38 PDT 2004

I plan on poking around on this tomorrow.  The problem is likely the
MacOS X changes - I probably missed something when merging change from
the devel tree into the release branch.  I did a couple of diffs
before between the devel tree and the release branch before the
release, but I must have missed it.

It would help if someone with CVS access can try MacOSX and/or Linux
to see if the problem is in the devel tree or just the 4.0 release.
I don't think 4.0-beta had the Mac OS X changes in it, hence the
change between 4.0-beta and 4.0

BTW - Have you tried Java 1.5?

Bart Kienhuis wrote:

> I have found similar problems when running PTII version 0.4 on a linux
> system. After trying various JDKs, I found that none works until
> 1.4.2_05. But, in JDK 1.5.0 the problems is apparently solved and the
> menu windows does appears normally, as expected. Seems that it does not
> happen on WIndows, but only on Linux. Therefore, I think it is a JDK
> error and not a PTII error.

-Christopher

--------

    On Fri, 9 Jul 2004, Chad Berkley wrote:

    > >> A few of us in the Kepler group have been seeing a bug with PT4 on
    > >> linux and OSX.  When you right click on an actor, the context menu
    > >> shows up for about 1/16th of a second then immediately goes away.

    Any info on this problem?  It shows up in Ptolemy 4.0-release but not
    4.0-beta on SuSE linux.

    --tobin