[kepler-dev] Kepler Actor documentation

Daniel Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Jul 9 09:16:17 PDT 2004

Hi All,

    I was just noticing that the "Get Documentation" and "Look Inside"
popup menu choices for Kepler actors don't seem to do anything in our
Kepler builds. In fact, the javaDoc that "Get Documentation" is supposed
to bring up does not work for Ptolemy actors either in the Ant based build!

    The problem is apparently that Ant does not currently build the
javaDoc files (codeDoc.jar) that the make file in  the docs directory
does, nor do we include the *.java source code in the right place for
our actors! [Maybe everyone else already knew this :-)    ] [And maybe
this is part of the reason why the Ant build is faster than make!]

    In any case, we need to eventually fix these problems to hep supply
documentation to the user.

Dan

--
Dan Higgins