[tcs-lc] Minor modifications prior TDWG ratification vote

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Wed Sep 21 01:53:28 PDT 2005

I understand the desire to keep a high threshold for breaking backward
compatibility, but I predict that when we start throwing real-world datasets
at it, we're going to want an enumerated list for Name-Name Relationships,
rather than dedicated elements for each Name-Name Relationship (for the
reasons Gregor listed).

Based on your second paragraph, I would be inclinded to lower the threshold
for v2.0, so that it can be implemented before too many people put too much
effort into developing apps for v1.0.

It's not that I necessarily think 1.00 is bad, or won't work.  But I really
think that when we apply large datasets to it (I plan to dump the Catalog of
Fihses dataset into it before the end of this year), we're going to discover
a whole raft of non-minor changes that we'll want to implement.

Aloha,
Rich