[tcs-lc] Incertae Sedis, and broader issues

Nozomi Ytow nozomi at biol.tsukuba.ac.jp
Mon Sep 19 14:39:58 PDT 2005

Hi Rich,

> I don't find any enumerated RelationshipTypes as part of the TCS 1.00
> schema.  Maybe I'm not looking carefully enough?  Where would I find them?
> I'm looking at the "VotingDraftFinal" located here:
> http://www.soc.napier.ac.uk/tdwg/index.php?pagename=VotingDraft

See VotingDraftFinal on the page.  More human friendly list is
available as
http://tdwg.napier.ac.uk/TCS_1.0/docs/tcs.html#type_RelationshipType
but without description of each type.

> I am trying to suggest is that there is no difference between "is parent
> of/is child of", "has member/is member of", and "includes/is
> included in".

Include types can cover relationships between TaxonConcepts at the same
rank, while parent/child-member-ish shouldn't.

JMS