[tcs-lc] nameObjects, spellings, vernaculars, etc

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Wed May 4 05:05:29 PDT 2005

> sorry, that last post wasn't all together clear - #7 and #8 are
> different names in botany.

But both would have the same authorship -- correct?

For instance, if we had basionyms:

Mygenus myspecies Pyle
 -and-
Yourgenus yourspecies Kirk

And then Smith first treated "myspecies" as a subspecies of "yourspecies",
and placed it within "Yourgenus", we would have:

Yourgenus yourspecies subsp. myspecies (Pyle) Smith

Correct?

And then if Jones came along and treated "myspecies" as a variety, we would
have:

Yourgenus yourspecies var. myspecies (Pyle) Smith

**not**

Yourgenus yourspecies var. myspecies (Pyle) Jones

-- correct?