[tcs-lc] Basic Questions about TCS

Kennedy, Jessie J.Kennedy at napier.ac.uk
Tue Mar 8 07:16:57 PST 2005

Hi Rich

>Before I "shift gears", as I earlier threatened, I want to
>make sure that I
>am armed with the latest information available about TCS, and
>do my best to
>avoid asking questions or making points that have already been
>answered or
>made via online-accessible documents.
>
>1) Is the "most current" version of TCS v0.90b, available here:
>http://www.soc.napier.ac.uk/tdwg/index.php?pagename=TheSchema
>Or is there a more current version?

"most current" is not accurate ;-) there are different version for different purposes at the moment. Version 9.xx was us looking at the bits of LC tha we thought would fit well with TCS as it stood.
Version 8.xx are the versions SEEK are working to - so they can get on and implement something instead of just chatting ;-)
but they are aware that some parts may change.

>2) Are there any updates to the documentation beyond those that are
>available here:
>http://www.soc.napier.ac.uk/tdwg/index.php?pagename=DraftStanda
rdDocumentati
on

no

3) Are there any other online discussions about TCS besides the ones
accessible via here:
http://www.soc.napier.ac.uk/tdwg/index.php?pagename=DraftStandardDiscussion
that would help me to understand the thought processes that established the
current version of TCS?

no - but think most things are on the Wikis or mail archives.

BUT from much of the discussion I see that we still don't seem to be able to make our ideas clear to everyone.... :-(
This message is intended for the addressee(s) only and should not be read, copied or disclosed to anyone else outwith the University without the permission of the sender.
It is your responsibility to ensure that this message and any attachments are scanned for viruses or other defects. Napier University does not accept liability for any loss
or damage which may result from this email or any attachment, or for errors or omissions arising after it was sent. Email is not a secure medium. Email entering the
University's system is subject to routine monitoring and filtering by the University.