[tcs-lc] Clarification & Correction [was: more TCS/LC interaction]

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Thu Mar 3 18:26:34 PST 2005

In one of my recent notes, I wrote several comments all related to:

> If I'm wrong about this assumed use of RelationshipAssertion to store "is
> type species of" information, then I apologize for muddying the waters.

...and I think I just figured out on my own that I am, indeed, muddying the
waters.  When Jessie & Nico made references to "Relationships", I
immediately (and I think erroneously) assumed this meant
"RelationshipAssertions".  It dawned on me just now that they probably meant
the "Relationships" element within the TaxonConcept container (Jessie??).

If so, this makes things a bit more palatable...but the fundamental point
remains that connections of a nomenclatural sort between names would still
remain outside of the "Name"/LC subschema -- which is what we were talking
about.

I apologize for causing additional and unnecessary confusion.

Aloha,