[tcs-lc] TCS_1.0 released for votring at TDWG in St Petersburg

Kennedy, Jessie J.Kennedy at napier.ac.uk
Thu Jun 30 07:16:08 PDT 2005

Dear Colleagues

Following the release of TCS_0.95 to the TDWG executive in March 2005, we have been taking on board comments on the schema and have released some interim versions of the schema which have now been fixed at TCS_1.0. This will remain unchanged between now and TDWG in St Petersburg for voting purposes. Details of this schema, previous versions and related documentation can be found at: http://www.soc.napier.ac.uk/tdwg/index.php?pagename=VotingDraft

Since version 0.95.2 where we raised names to top level elements, there have only been minor changes which of course we believe are all for the better but are mostly tidying things up.

Roger Hyam has done a great job in producing a user guide for TCS_1.0 which is also available on the Wiki.

The SEEK team and Roger on behalf of GBIF are working on (currently independent) systems accepting and serving TCS documents - more of which will be released by them in due course.

We would appreciate your consideration of TCS_1.0 and receiving any comments - postive or negative on the schema. We look forward to seeing you at TDWG where we hope to be voting on acceptance of TCS_1.0 as a TDWG standard.

best wishes,

Jessie

Prof. Jessie B Kennedy
School of Computing
Napier University
Merchiston Campus
10 Colinton Road	tel:	+44 (0)131-455-2772
Edinburgh		fax:   	+44 (0)131-455-2727
EH10 5DT		mobile:	07974948703
Scotland		email: j.kennedy at napier.ac.uk

This message is intended for the addressee(s) only and should not be read, copied or disclosed to anyone else outwith the University without the permission of the sender.
It is your responsibility to ensure that this message and any attachments are scanned for viruses or other defects. Napier University does not accept liability for any loss
or damage which may result from this email or any attachment, or for errors or omissions arising after it was sent. Email is not a secure medium. Email entering the
University's system is subject to routine monitoring and filtering by the University.