[seek] Draft Agenda for SEEK May 2006 Workshop

Laura L. Downey ldowney at lternet.edu
Tue Aug 2 13:59:25 PDT 2005

Jim,

I think this could be a great opportunity to do a bit of user profiling on
systematists.  We could do this through at least a short survey and perhaps
a feedback session.  Additionally, are we going to debut the concept
relating tool?  Again, would be a nice opportunity to get some early
feedback (but I don't know the development schedule or plans).  I don't see
anything specific to the CR tool in the agenda.  Even if we don't do the CR
tool, I think we should design some of the exercises with Kepler to get some
feedback in addition to running some discussion sessions after use of
Kepler.  We've done this with the ecologists and gotten some good data.

Whatever we decide, I'd like to be involved at some level in the planning of
the workshop to address user analysis and user feedback etc.

Laura L. Downey
Senior Usability Engineer
LTER Network Office
Department of Biology, MSC03 2020