[seek] status report summary for week of June 7, 2004

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Jun 9 12:21:04 PDT 2004

This is a brief summary of development status as reported in the status
reports I received this week.  Because I announced the format late, not
all participants submitted a report, but I suspect next week will be better.

Matt

Summary

  * Kepler User Interface meeting in Santa Barbara, meeting notes in CVS
  * EcoGrid group revamping resultset format, adding new dynamic data
    query methods based on EML
  * Kepler group working on
           o ontology-driven data and actor browsing
           o integrated EcoGrid data discovery and access
           o Presenting Kepler demo paper at SSDBM in Greece
  * EOT working on
     * Upcoming RCN and KNB Metadata Tools training sessions
     * New website based on wiki about to come online, waiting on LDAP
       issues and final graphics tuning
           o Prototype can be reviewed
             http://lternet-227.lternet.edu:8080/seekwiki/
           o Will eventually replace the current SEEK website at
             http://seek.ecoinformatics.org/

See all submitted reports on the prototype web site:
http://lternet-227.lternet.edu:8080/seekwiki/Wiki.jsp?page=StatusReport08June2004

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
University of California Santa Barbara