[seek] cvs woes

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Jun 5 12:20:26 PDT 2003

Dear SEEK'ers,

We had a power failure at NCEAS last night which took down our RAID
system that contains most home directories for accounts.  Consequently,
the CVS system for SEEK is not available for writing.  It is on a
different disk and so is fully intact, and you can still do updates, but
for most accounts the lack of a home directory will prevent you from
committing changes to CVS.  The sysadmins at NCEAS are working on this
as rapidly as possible, and I will send out another note when the
problems have been resolved.

I do have a workaround available on a per-account basis, so if you
really need to commit something today you can contact me and I will
apply the work-around to your account.

Thanks for your understanding,

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
University of California Santa Barbara