[seek-web] [Fwd: Re: SEEK wiki page]

Laura L. Downey ldowney at lternet.edu
Mon Oct 25 09:59:46 PDT 2004

Hello,

I am on the list.  My apologies for not immediately responding, still trying
to get my bearings, get my computer set up etc.

Terminology can be a troublesome issue because generally people agree about
10% of the time on what the right word is.  However, they agree much more on
what the wrong word is.  So the trick is finding terminology that is
acceptable even if people might use a different, but similar word.  Or in
providing contextually, multiple navigation methods (which I see is already
employed in various places on the web site).

As someone totally new to the project, when I saw the word "community" I
assumed this referred to the SEEK community since this is the SEEK web site.