[seek-web] Re: Development of Seek Web (public beta 2) moved to new Linux box

Deana Pennington dpennington at lternet.edu
Tue May 18 10:43:09 PDT 2004

Really like the way the website is looking! A few comments for now...

Home page: Love the glossary…great idea. Need to expand this, and make
the links consistent across the website. Need a SEEK logo (still). My
suggestion is that we use the Kepler pipeline logo, but add some ecology
clipart to represent analysis for ecology. Other ideas? Footer should
include logos for NSF, LTER, NCEAS, etc.

Education: Like the organization. Like the 3 online courses. Under
Informatics tools, shouldn’t this also include links for other kinds of
tutorials, such as tutorials that we might do at SDSC?

Opportunites. We should definitely send out a plea for information from
everyone on the project. Seems like they should all have edit access to
the publication page, and be able to add entries themselves, but I can
also see where you might want to keep some control over it.

Tools: seems like Sparrow should be here. Also GRASS GIS. Yes on R; I
don’t know on MySQL. There is a website for Growl that we can link to,
but we should make sure we’re going to use it before linking it. I
believe Sergei came up with a separate “ontology-for-dummies” tool that
we might want to link to.

Obviously needs some pictures to liven it up....

Steve: I don't think I ever got a logon from you (or I've forgotten it).
Please send me a logon, and I'll help work on this.

Deana

--
********

Deana D. Pennington, PhD
Long-term Ecological Research Network Office

UNM Biology Department
MSC03  2020
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM  87131-0001