[seek-taxon] NSF Review

James Beach beach at ku.edu
Thu Jun 8 12:45:00 PDT 2006

SEEK-Taxonomers:

We just completed the NSF review mweting of the SEEK Project and the preliminary comments from the review committee were overwhelmingly positive and supportive of our work to date and of our future plans.

Congratulations to all for all of your contributions which have made SEEK Taxon a successful and highly visible subgroup.  Special thanks for this meeting to Aimee Stewart who worked hard and long on the presentation slides and demos and to Bob Peet for contributing additional perspective to the review committee.    We'll have more specific feedback from the committee and from NSF at some point in the near future.  It was very clear that SEEK Taxon was seen as an important and high impact working group by the review team.

Congratulations to all.

Jim

Mail from cell phone: 785 331 8508

James H. Beach