[seek-taxon] TCS help: Placeholder question

Robert K. Peet peet at unc.edu
Wed Nov 30 00:40:45 PST 2005

Hi Robert,

I would like to hear Jessie's view on this.  We should avoid getting
sidetracked by these relatively unimportant yet big topics.

I don't imagine that specimens matter for TOS as we currently imagine
it.

Publications obviously do matter, so we should discuss this in our next
phone call if not before.

Perhaps TOC can simply cashe EML publication records in the
PublicationDetailed field and thereby avoid the issue for present.  I do
imagine that software that interfaces with TOS will need to display
publication details of the complexity supported by EML.

Would this sort of solution work?

Bob

  Chapel Hill, NC  27599-3280  USA       Email:  peet at unc.edu

              http://www.bio.unc.edu/faculty/peet/