[seek-taxon] usability directory in CVS

Laura L. Downey ldowney at lternet.edu
Mon May 9 15:28:50 PDT 2005

I've added a usability directory under the taxon directory in the SEEK cvs
repository.  I put the "going forward" presentation in the taxon directory
and I put specific usability items in the usability directory.  The simple
prototype of the concept relating tool is in its own directory in the
usability directory.  Once you download the latest files from CVS you should
be able to run the prototype if you have a Windows machine simply by
clicking on the executable.  All necessary DLL's (libraries) are included in
the same directory as the executable file.

I've also added a word document called "target user groups" to give a
running definition of our target users and which ones we expect to use
either the concept relating tool and/or the concept resolution tool.  I'd
like to get some more input from the group on these items.

I'll put together a proposed plan for our usability activities with the
groups we discussed at the Estes Park meeting and get that uploaded to the
usability directory by the end of the week.  I leave for Spain on May 17 and
will return to the office on May 31.  When I get back we can discuss the
plan, make modifications and even put up a wiki page for continuous
discussion and planning if the team would like to do that.

Laura L. Downey
Senior Usability Engineer
LTER Network Office
Department of Biology, MSC03 2020