[SEEK-Taxon] RE: GBIF and TCS-LC for data exchange

Jerry Cooper CooperJ at landcareresearch.co.nz
Mon Feb 28 12:24:53 PST 2005

I agree with Paul. I don't have to to proact on Wikis so I'm in favour
of an email list.
I am also in 'reactive mode' at the moment (since last August!) - and
will continue to be until mid May.
Jerry

>>> Paul Kirk <p.kirk at cabi.org> 28/02/2005 11:50:05 p.m. >>>
Speaking as a member of Rich's minority ...

I do things in one of two ways - proactive and reactive. The former
tasks are mainly those connected with keeping a job and earning a salary
and some of these spill outside the 9-5 contracted hours. The latter
slot in between the proactive tasks at any time when I feel motivated to
react and Taxacom is a good example of one of these reactive processes.
I know less than nothing about Wiki's but I feel they are a proactive
system and as such I am unable to participate. I accept that a Wiki is
more structured than a simple email list but the latter is what I can
work with.

So, in the attachment sent out by Donald which I reacted to and read I
would suggest 'subsp' as the Rank code for subspecies - ssp is easily
confused with spp and I think it's possibly an abbreviation of the
French word for subspecies ;-)

Paul