[SEEK-Taxon] FW: SEEK Project Visitation

Beach, James H beach at ku.edu
Wed Feb 23 07:20:30 PST 2005

FYI
_____________________________
James H. Beach
Biodiversity Research Center
University of Kansas
1345 Jayhawk Boulevard
Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
T 785 864-4645, F 785 864-5335

  _____

	From: Paul Valentich-Scott [mailto:pvscott at sbnature2.org]
	Sent: 22 February, 2005 6:23 PM
	To: Beach, James H
	Subject: RE: SEEK Project Visitation

	Jim -

	It was an interesting, albeit frustrating day. It seemed liked
we were talking apples and oranges. If there is no physical voucher
material for a given dataset, then to attempt to recapture and
reallocate species concepts is seemingly impossible. There will always
be a large amount of doubt what the individual taxonomist had in mind,
regardless of the taxonomic literature they might have used.

	Good luck!

	Paul VS

  _____