[SEEK-Taxon] New Version of LinneanCore

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Mon Nov 15 14:32:41 PST 2004

Greetings everyone,

Prompted by what appears to be a substantial amount of miscommunication, I
spent this morning drafting the next version of LinneanCore, which can be
downloaded from here:

http://efgblade.cs.umb.edu/twiki/bin/view/UBIF/LinneanCoreCurrentVersion

It's the last version at the bottom of the list of files.

The Zip file includes a slightly modified version of TCS v085a -- which
replaces the previous ABCDNameTypes include with LC-0.1.5.

A full listing of what has changed from the previous version is included
here:

http://efgblade.cs.umb.edu/twiki/bin/view/UBIF/LCCurrentVersionDocumentation
(scroll down to version 0.1.5)

The main differences are:
  1) LC is now presented within the TCS framework, to give it the broader
context; and
  2) A lot of the legacy/redundant elements of previous versions of LC have
been removed.

There are still many topics for discussion, but my *hope* is that we can use
the XML files as a way to reduce some of the unnecessary miscommunication,
and also as a foundation/reference for further discussion.

That's all for now....

Aloha,
Rich

Richard L. Pyle, PhD