[SEEK-Taxon] RE: LinneanCore Group Work

Kennedy, Jessie J.Kennedy at napier.ac.uk
Fri Nov 12 02:34:26 PST 2004

Hi Again

> I think that the most helpful thing would be if you could point out
> exactly where Concept stuff is creeping into Linnean Core and what
> bits you'd want to cut out and have (just) in TCS.
I think this has already been pointed out in the Wili by Rich and James - but if I think there are places that it hasn't been mentioned I'll add.

> It's helpful to do it in the wiki (or make your comments by email
> and then summarise them & the responses you get in the wiki) so
> that anyone coming on to the wiki from another link can see the
> entirety of the discussion even if they aren't in the mailing list.

yes I realise this but it is already difficult for anyone coming to it to get a feel for what is relevant or not in the discussion and to know if I would be repsonding to people's opinions that have already changed. So was taking the easy way out - sorry if that's a bad thing....

> Either start a new wiki page or scribble all over the ones where
> Concepts have crept in ... (I find the latter the most
> helpful because
> I always access the Wiki via the changes page:
> http://efgblade.cs.umb.edu/twiki/bin/view/UBIF/WebChanges and
> look at what's new)
yes I know and I do find it useful if I can respond at the correct time point - when you get a bit behind it becomes very difficult - I should put all of this on a new section - but also have many other things to do (like all of you I know..)

> also what might be really helpful would be some examples of TCS
> data especially now you think it's getting towards completion. -
> with LC slotted in to the names gap we can see clearly where the
> overlaps are & have a real discussion on what should go where. For
> me, that would make the division of labour between LC and TCS a
> lot clearer than any number of philosophical discussions. Maybe
> that's just me?

will try and make it clearer.... will start on Rich's email ;-)

Jessie