[SEEK-Taxon] Re: LinneanCore Group Work - "valid"

B.J.Tindall bti at dsmz.de
Thu Nov 11 22:20:25 PST 2004

"valid".....mmm - sounds familiar here. Too many people seem to make a mess
of the term and zoologists and botanists have at least the stem "valid" vs
"valid"ly associated with different concepts. Add to that the fact that a
prokaryotic name when "validly published" is not 100% the same concept as
botanical "validly published" and the confusion is complete. John McNeill
drew up a table of "equivalence of nomenclatural terms" for the BioCode -
all still online and I hope Rich has posted the link. However, for quick
reference I have attached the original file. Some updating may be needed -
hope this helps.
Brian