[SEEK-Taxon] conference call follow-up, preparations for next Wednesday

Nico Franz franz at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Jul 30 13:55:45 PDT 2004

Hi all:

    this morning, in response to KU's modified "TES", Jessie made an
important point that - at least with respect to TDWG - any changes to the
TES now ought to come with a taxonomic rationale. We (KU) will try before
Wednesday (our next call) to put together a small number of illustrations
and examples that provide just that, and send them out to you. We would
similarly benefit from un update on the experimental TES versions (now up
to 0.60 from the May meeting's 0.50) posted at
http://www.soc.napier.ac.uk/tdwg/index.php?pagename=TheSchema. Perhaps if
we all come prepared with each other's short explanatory notes on these
changes we increase our chances of moving towards a consensus.

Best,

Nico

Nico M. Franz
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis
735 State Street, Suite 300
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

Phone: (805) 966-1677; Fax: (805) 892-2510; E-mail: franz at nceas.ucsb.edu
Website: http://www.cals.cornell.edu/dept/entomology/wheeler/Franz/Nico.html