[SEEK-Taxon] Public Interface / Architecture diagram and glossary of terms

Stewart, Aimee Marian astewart at ku.edu
Wed Feb 25 11:43:03 PST 2004

Hi all,

A diagram of the public interfaces to the Taxonomic Object Service in Visio (sorry) is now on CVS (http://cvs.ecoinformatics.org/cvs/cvsweb.cgi//seek/projects/taxon/docs/TaxonPublicInterfaces.vsd).  This represents all the public interfaces as we see them now (given the old Use Cases and new draft that Nico is working on).  I believe we address all scenarios (and 1 or 2 extra that seemed to flow out of the others).   With the formal Use Cases, we will attach explanations of how each case is handled.

Not all of these interfaces will be implemented soon, and all are subject to input from the group.  The terms used are defined in a glossary.  Please don't worry too much about the choice of words, just look at our definition and see what we are trying to get across.

After the next revision of the Use Cases, we will send a priority order for implementation of the interfaces.  Formal documentation of each interface will follow.

On the Wiki are:
*	The Public Interface diagrams  (http://seek.speciesanalyst.net/ow.asp?TaxonPublicInterfaces)
*	TaxonGlossary - the beginning of a definition of terms as we see it  (http://seek.speciesanalyst.net/ow.asp?TaxonGlossary)
*	TaxonParameters - a description of the parameters used in the public interfaces to the Taxonomic Object service (http://seek.speciesanalyst.net/ow.asp?TaxonMethodParameters).

Aimee

Aimee Stewart
Natural History Museum and Biodiversity Research Center
University of Kansas