[SEEK-Taxon] Meeting data convergence?

Robert K. Peet peet at unc.edu
Fri Nov 7 10:34:43 PST 2003

Hello all,

Given the responses I have heard, I conclude that SEEK-Taxon should meet
at NCEAS Jan 26-28.  I will notify Gail at NCEAS.

Here is the fully articulated plan as I currently see it.

1. Jessie and I and likely Mike Lee, Mark Anderson, Nico Franz, Xianhua
Liu and Robert Kukla meet on Jan 23 and as much of Jan 24 as
necessary to discuss the VegBank model.  The remainder of the weekend can
be devoted to sampling the cultural and biological delights of the
region.

2. Others fly in on Sunday evening.  The full SEEK-Taxon group meets at
NCEAS starting 8:30 am on Monday.  We adjust the schedule so that the
portions of greatest interest to Susan occur prior to 1:30 on Tuesday.
We continue until 1:30 on Wednesday with those who wish to stay to work
out more details.

Please let me know
1)  whether you plan to attend the core meeting 26-27 Jan.,
2)  whether you plan to stay for the additional day 1:30 Tues - 1:30 Wed.,
3)  whether you plan to attend the datamodel discussion 23-24 Jan.
I attach an excel page with my current expectations for attendance
itemized.  Confirmation, and filling in of blanks is much needed.

Thanks,
Bob

 Robert K. Peet, Professor              Phone:  919-962-6942
 Department of Biology, CB#3280         Fax:    919-962-6930
 University of North Carolina           Cell:   919-368-4971
 Chapel Hill, NC  27599-3280  USA       Email:  peet at unc.edu

             http://www.bio.unc.edu/faculty/peet/