[seek-taxon] probablistic concepts

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Mar 3 11:07:43 PST 2003

Jim,

I just got an email from Jessie looking for information about the last
meeting.  Could you send out a summary of the Taxon WG meeting for those
who were not present, and maybe summarize the next steps that need to
happen in order to get this taxon work moving?  In particular, it would
be good to see some sort of exposition about the dicussions you had
about using statisical approaches to concept guessing for given name.
I'm sure Bob and Jessie would like to hear about that.

Also, would a Taxon conference call be possible this week to get
organized? Maybe we should schedule a standing conference call for 1
hour every other week to keep things progressing? Opinions on that?

Thanks!