[seek-kr] taxon and SMS/KR linkages

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Oct 31 17:04:57 PST 2003

Mark, Shawn, Bertram, Rich,

The attached note from Dave Thau to the taxon group is about linkages to
SMS/KR.  Informative reading, and I thought you might want to reply.  I
think its really important to consolidate approaches used in the taxon
group with those used for other data integration tasks.  Although the
taxon group considers their information different from other data and
metadata, I really think it needs to be treated in a uniform way with
other aspects.  For example, its clear in some sense that taxa are just
one aspect of the measurement context -- space and time are other
aspects -- we need to be able to reason and integrate across these
domains uniformly.  Thoughts?

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
University of California Santa Barbara
An embedded message was scrubbed...