[seek-kr] Re: DL vs Conceptual Models

Bertram Ludaescher ludaesch at sdsc.edu
Thu Oct 30 11:35:13 PST 2003

Hi Serguei:

Here is the ref. I meant:
    Description Logics for Conceptual Data Modeling
    Diego Calvanese, Maurizio Lenzerini, and Daniele Nardi

    http://www.dis.uniroma1.it/~nardi/Ricerca/papers-html/DBIS.html

Additional interesting papers are here:
   http://www.dis.uniroma1.it/~nardi/Ricerca/pubblicazioni.html#DL

Ferdinando will like the "pubblicazioni" ;-)

I'm cc-ing to SEEK-KR since that is saved in a web-archive, so we can
find that later ;-)

Matt and other AMS-ers: you may find the following paper interesting
when it comes to the "graph-queries" of ontologies -- one of the hot
topics of the recent meeting:

    http://www.sdsc.edu/~ludaesch/Paper/is98.html

I know Matt likes implementations, but this at least explains some of
the basics of how graph queries can be expressed in logic. Specialized
implementation techniques may be necessary though.

But keep in mind that we're going to try SWI-Prolog's Sem.Web package
also!

cheers

Bertram