[seek-kr-sms] observastions and spatial observation

Sergey Krivov Serguei.Krivov at uvm.edu
Mon Oct 30 08:49:06 PST 2006

Hi Josh et al,

I am writing to ask about the latest status of the observation ontology. How
things are going with SODAS (or ELMO) ? Was there any new name finally
selected and where is the latest version kept?

I have been working on   ontology for spatial observations and have made a
first shot. At the moment it is direct formalization of OGC Abstract
Specifications for Coverage types (topic 6). I use there class Observation
which will link to Observation in SODAS/Observation ontology and class SRC
(spatial references by coordinates, topic 2) which will link to existing
ontology for SRC. Here (below)  is how it looks like and the owl file is in
attachments.

Any suggestions are welcome. Please let me know what you think.

Sergey