[Seek-kr-sms] [seek-kr-sms] peer-to-peer ontology editing using jxta

Serguei Krivov Serguei.Krivov at uvm.edu
Mon Mar 28 08:48:54 PST 2005

Matt, Bertram ,Raja and Ferdinando,
Speaking about a collaborative ontology editor I have a question about
network protocols and libraries that such editor should use. For me it
is natural to assume that such an editor should be based around a
database of ontologies cashed on one or on several servers. The graphic
clients on PC/Mac would access  those data sources and modify them and
the main challenge that I see is how to modify them concurrently. If
this picture have sense to you, then would  JXTA support such
architecture? If you have already made a choice, could you please
recommend me any references on network protocols, network architectures
and network libraries that you find to be most appropriate for
developing a collaborative ontology editor?

Thanks,
serguei