[seek-kr-sms] growl-query

Serguei Krivov Serguei.Krivov at uvm.edu
Tue Mar 15 07:58:13 PST 2005

Dear All,
We have some preliminary writings on GrOWL-Query; we hope it is a
natural and also the easiest languge for doing queries over ontologies:
http://www.uvm.edu/~skrivov/growlq05.pdf

The paper also describes the evolution of our (Ferdinando's and my)
vision of ontology-based user interface that we have evolved starting
from Bertram's  Domain Maps.

Also there is a proof that for a DL  language with  enumerations the
class of conjunctive DL queries is as large as the class of all DL
queries (with *classical*  and, or , not). This fact allows to built a
powerful query language by merely adding individual variables (on the
p[lace of individuals) to the ontology language e.g GrOWL. Perhaps this
trick could be applied to Sparrow as well (???)

Serguei