[Fwd: Re: [seek-kr-sms] ontology/folder UI design in Kepler]

Deana D. Pennington dpennington at lternet.edu
Tue Mar 1 14:14:54 PST 2005

Gee, I thought Mark and you (as KR and SMS leads) were responsible for this :-)
 We'll see what the project manager says...  My sense of it is that no one
really has a good feel for what, explicitly, is needed.  I am hoping that as we
look at actual datasets in Davis, we can start making a list of the things that
are needed, and maybe sketch out some frameworks.  Like I said, I can recruit
people to help fill in the details once I know what is needed.

I don't think there is anything necessarily to "be done about" the concepts I've
worked on.  I think Mark and Shawn have seen most things that I've done.  They
were all done in cmap; they are too general to be appropriate for linking data
to, except perhaps at a high discovery level.  I'll bring everything to Davis,
so we'll have it if it becomes useful in some way.

Deana