[seek-kr-sms] Ontology (Rich) links found broken

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Feb 24 15:30:31 PST 2005

Yeah, Rich addressed this before I think.  I think the key is
downloading local copies (ie, cvs checkout) which you register with your
local ontology editor (e.g., protoge) so that it knows it has a version
of the ontology for a given namespace.  In other words, you can override
the ontology file locations based on namespace by configuring your
editor properly.  This is a standard problem with external pointers that
is solved best by this extra level of indirection.  Rich posted about
this earlier to the SEEK group.

Matt

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
University of California Santa Barbara