[seek-kr-sms] new graph libraries

Serguei Krivov Serguei.Krivov at uvm.edu
Wed Sep 29 18:43:57 PDT 2004

Appearently graph vizualization toolkits were mushrooming during last
one year.  Here is the list of new, free/open source libraries with
various functiuonalities, including layout algorithms:
http://www.manageability.org/blog/stuff/open-source-graph-network-visual
ization-in-java/view

Rich : perhaps we could gradually  encapsulate all low level graph
functions within ESDOntoBrowser class and then eventually switch to a
better graph library(???). But perhaps  the longer we wait, the better
graph libraries will emerge. At the moment I am sympathetic to GINY:
http://csbi.sourceforge.net/ and Prefuse:
http://prefuse.sourceforge.net/
JUNG seems too large and require a lot of extra libraries.

Serguei