[seek-kr-sms] growl: owl-dl or owl full?!

Serguei Krivov Serguei.Krivov at uvm.edu
Thu Jun 10 07:42:54 PDT 2004

Hi All,
I am working on growl editing and have an urgent design issue:
Should we impose the editing discipline which would allow owl dl
constructs only and    do nothing when user tries to make an owl full
construct? Some editors like oil-edit (that works with owl now) are
intolerant to owl full. Personally I think that this is right since
owl-full ontologies are difficult to use. OWLAPI seems also not really
happy to see owl-full constructs, it reports error, however somehow it
processes them.

Ideally one can have a trigger which switch owl-dl discipline on and
off. But implementing such trigger would increase the editing code may
be 1.6 times comparing to making plain owl-dl discipline. I would leave
this for the future, but you guys may have other suggestions (?)
Please let me know what you think.
serguei