[seek-kr-sms] beam workshop

Bertram Ludaescher ludaesch at sdsc.edu
Sat Jan 17 06:12:07 PST 2004

hm... interesting. Which ones would you have in mind?

There are at least two issues:

1. the "domain" or "scope" of the ontologies (e.g. a
"measurements & units" ontology vs a species names/taxon one vs. other
ones...)

2. the "technical format", e.g., RDF vs. OWL vs. other ones.
some are more naturally represented as graphs (RDF)
while other are more naturally represented as formulas (OWL)

Bertram