[seek-kr-sms] SMS Partial Design -- Request for Comments

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Apr 6 10:40:09 PDT 2004

Hey Bertram,

http://metacat.nceas.ucsb.edu/knb/servlet/metacat?action=read&qformat=knb&docid=knb-lter-gce.23.4&displaymodule=entity&entitytype=dataTable&entityindex=1

 > and some temporal, spatial, and taxonomic coverage.
 >
 > Is that were we should start?

Yeah, that's a good place to start. Note that the URL I sent is
delivering the MEL in HTML format, but you can easily switch it to
deliver all of the metadata in XML format by changing "qformat=knb" in
the URL to "qformat=xml" in the URL.  The XML format is obviously much
easier to machine parse, and it includes all of the metadata in one
document, rather than breaking it into two or more as the HTML view does.

Matt

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
University of California Santa Barbara