[seek-kr-sms] Ontobrowser design plan

Ferdinando Villa Ferdinando.Villa at uvm.edu
Mon Nov 24 11:35:08 PST 2003

(apologies if you get this twice - the ever-changing UVM email address policy
and mailman are having fun at my expense...)

Dear KR folks,

I've just committed a design document for the forthcoming rewrite of
Serguei's ontobrowser, detailing the consensus Serguei, Rich and I have
reached in the last few days. Before getting to work we would like to
have the endorsement of the larger KR group. Please download the word
doc from CVS in kr-sms/ontobrowser/docs/design/ob_design.doc and let us
know what you think. We have detailed the general design, various levels
of functionalities, OWL integration and bridge to Protege'. Please note
that our estimates are indicative and everything, including our initial
priorities, can still be changed based on your feedback.

Also note that CVS now contains the source code and jars for the current
ontobrowser, and that everything is going to change entirely, based on
your feedback. java -jar ESDOntobrowser.jar will give you the program we
demonstrated in CA. Serguei (skrivov at uvm.edu) should be your contact for
comments or questions about the code.

Please let us know your comments and we'll get to work right away, with
the objective of having a limited, but solid, release by February.

Ciao

ferdinando (with Serguei and Rich)

--
Ferdinando Villa <Ferdinando.Villa at uvm.edu>