[seek-kr-sms] Ontobrowser design plan

Ferdinando Villa Ferdinando.Villa at uvm.edu
Wed Nov 26 05:48:52 PST 2003

So sorry - my own CVS server came with preconfigured file types so I
didn't think of this. Please download the doc from
http://ecoinformatics.uvm.edu/papers/ob_design.doc while I check the CVS
file. Thanks for pointing this out.

ferdinando

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 23:02, Dan Higgins wrote:
> Ferdinando,
>     I tried to take a look at your design document, but I was unable to
> open it in Word. It looks to me like it was checked into CVS as a text
> document rather than as a binary (Word .doc) file. Has anyone else had
> problems opening this file?
>
> Dan Higgins
>
> -----
>
> Ferdinando Villa wrote:
>
> >(apologies if you get this two or three times - UVM keeps changing my address
> >and mailman does not help - hope this one gets through!)
> >

> >Dear KR folks,
> >
> >I've just committed a design document for the forthcoming rewrite of
> >Serguei's ontobrowser, detailing the consensus Serguei, Rich and I have
> >reached in the last few days. Before getting to work we would like to
> >have the endorsement of the larger KR group. Please download the word
> >doc from CVS in kr-sms/ontobrowser/docs/design/ob_design.doc and let us
> >know what you think. We have detailed the general design, various levels
> >of functionalities, OWL integration and bridge to Protege'. Please note
> >that our estimates are indicative and everything, including our initial
> >priorities, can still be changed based on your feedback.
> >
> >Also note that CVS now contains the source code and jars for the current
> >ontobrowser, and that everything is going to change entirely, based on
> >your feedback. java -jar ESDOntobrowser.jar will give you the program we
> >demonstrated in CA. Serguei (skrivov at uvm.edu) should be your contact for
> >comments or questions about the code.
> >
> >Please let us know your comments and we'll get to work right away, with
> >the objective of having a limited, but solid, release by February.
> >
> >Ciao
> >
> >ferdinando (with Serguei and Rich)

Ferdinando Villa <Ferdinando.Villa at uvm.edu>
University of Vermont