[seek-dev] bug for uploading actor to repository

Jing Tao tao at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Jul 6 17:32:47 PDT 2006

Hi, devs:

I am looking for bug 2471. It says clicking "Upload to Repository" menu
item in Kepler actor will cause "No attribute are implemented" exception.
I went down the code and figure out the problem comes from utilities.jar
file in ecogrid server side. In XMLUtilities class, there is a line:
factory.setAttribute(
             "http://apache.org/xml/features/nonvalidating/load-external-dtd",
             new Boolean(false));
If I commented out this line, everything will work. Obviously, the xerces
in our system doesn't support this property now.

But it worked before, so somebody did some change in xerces jar file
in metacat or some other place.

The easiest way to fix the bug is comment out this property. Does anyone
really need this feature for xml parser?

Thanks,

Jing

Jing Tao
National Center for Ecological