[seek-dev] [Bug 2422] - Changing Logging Options Prevent Metadata Downloads

bugzilla-daemon@ecoinformatics.org bugzilla-daemon at ecoinformatics.org
Tue Apr 25 15:47:11 PDT 2006


dsledge at lternet.edu changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
           Severity|major                       |minor
           Priority|P2                          |P5

------- Comment #2 from dsledge at lternet.edu  2006-04-25 15:47 -------
As best as I can tell it's a bug in the axis 1.3 library.  I removed all the
logging code from EcogridGetToStreamClient in the ecogrid API, and I put
together some simple test code:

import java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream;
import java.net.URL;

import org.ecoinformatics.ecogrid.queryservice.EcogridGetToStreamClient;

public class test
    public static void main(String[] args)
            URL endPoint = new
            EcogridGetToStreamClient client = new
            ByteArrayOutputStream baos = new ByteArrayOutputStream();

            client.get("knb.182.1", baos);
        catch (Exception e)

The results were predictably the same as in kepler.

The workaround for this in a servlet container is to make sure the Commons
Logging and log4j jar files are included in the webapp's WEB-INF/lib directory
(versus $CATALINA_HOME/shared/lib or $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib), the files
commons.properties and log4j.properties are put in WEB-INF/classes, and that
the logging is set to INFO or something coarser.

More information about the Seek-dev mailing list