[seek-dev] Howto for deploying ogsa web service.

Kevin Ruland kruland at ku.edu
Wed Aug 31 15:31:24 PDT 2005

Bing,

Did that.  Almost, I actually did redeployTomcat since that rm's it for me.

The real issue is I need to change the ecogrid Digir client code which
is deployed as part of Kepler.  This apparently is looking for it by the
old name.  Also, since it's a factory pattern, it will need some
additional changes.

BTW - why a factory pattern?  These queries are stateless so a properly
written thread-safe web service would be easier to manage and use.

I have reverted to r1.4 of EcogridImplWithoutSecurity.wsdd and the
service is much much closer to working.  I am getting exceptions from
deep within ogsa complaining about Connection Refused in some WSDL
generator code.  I haven't tracked this one down yet.  It's not related
to the mime-types for wsdl/gwsdl/xsd since that is in both conf/web.xml
and webapps/ogsa/WEB-INF/web.xml.

Kevin