[seek-dev] RE: xml metadata about a ecogrid service.

Bing Zhu bzhu at sdsc.edu
Mon Oct 11 10:34:28 PDT 2004

Jing,

As we discussed last time, we need to add name spaces (Jing) and providers
(Rod). So
I added the providers into your doc and other two elements, 'wsdlURl'
and 'serviceClassification'.

And for the service type, it is a  tough decision to make since the number
of service
types will definitely grow. Shall we leave it as a string or need to have
enum type to define
it? My opinion is to leave it as a string between service stubs. And we put
restrictions
in building a Ecogrid client or client APIs.

<service>
        <serviceName>KU Digir EcoGrid QueryInterface</serviceName>
        <serviceType>EcoGridQueryInterface</serviceType>
        <wsdlURL>http://kuecogrid.ittc.ku.edu:8080/ogsa/
                  services/org/ecoinformatics/ecogrid/
                  EcoGridQueryInterfaceLevelOneService?wsdl</wsdlURL>
        <endPoint>http://kuecogrid.ittc.ku.edu:8080/ogsa/
                  services/org/ecoinformatics/ecogrid/
                  EcoGridQueryInterfaceLevelOneService
         </endPoint>
         <serviceClassification> </serviceClassification>
         <documentType>
             <namespace>http://digir.net/schema/conceptual/darwin/
                        full/2001/1.0
              </namespace>
              <label>Darwin Core 1.0 </label>
         <documentType>
</service>

Sincerely,
Bing

Here is my thought about the metadata of a ecogrid service(It is not
completed, e.g, it doesn't have wsdl and another stuff).

 <service>
        <serviceName>KU Digir EcoGrid QueryInterface</serviceName>
        <serviceType>EcoGridQueryInterface</serviceType>
        <endPoint>http://kuecogrid.ittc.ku.edu:8080/ogsa/
                  services/org/ecoinformatics/ecogrid/
                  EcoGridQueryInterfaceLevelOneService
         </endPoint>
         <documentType>
             <namespace>http://digir.net/schema/conceptual/darwin/
                        full/2001/1.0
              </namespace>
              <label>Darwin Core 1.0 </label>
         <documentType>
</service>

The only thing  different to our discussion is I added documentType
element here. This element has two kid which is namespace and the other is
label. Label will store the human readable string for namespace. Document
type is optional and repeatable. How do you think about it?

By the way, i think we need some Constant string for service type.
Currently I just set EcoGridQueryInterface as query type. Do you have more
suggestions?

Thanks.

Jing
 --