[seek-dev] SEEK Training in January (fwd): need Metacat info and examples

Bing Zhu bzhu at sdsc.edu
Mon Nov 29 11:40:34 PST 2004

Jing,

Raja will give talks in SEEK Training in January. So we need to provide some
materials and examples from current Ecogrid R&D.

Would you please send me followings before Dec 10, 2005.

1. An introduction to Metacat.
       - One/two presentation slide(s) along with a picture will be perfect.

2. Ecogrid GSH(s) for Metacat system
       - testing database is fine but must be fully functional for
         current Ecogrid functions.

3. An example along with explanation for the example (what it is doing)
    for each Ecogrid function of:
        - query
        - get
        - login / logout    (where to apply for an Metacat account)
        - put a file (upload a file)
        - put a xml document

Once these are ready, I will test them, have them ready by Dec 15 and
then hand them to Raja.

(I am also sending a mail to Rod for Digir. And I am taking care above
 things for SRB.)

Thank you.

Bing