[seek-dev] Transfer big dataset through stream

Von Welch vwelch at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 8 20:17:16 PST 2004

Jing,

 In regards to option 1, I asked Gregor von Laszewski
<gregor at mcs.anl.gov>, who is the lead behind the Java CoG. His
response is that such a client is included in Java CoG Kit version 4
(www.cogkit.org). Some details from Gregor are given below. He also
offered that you can contact him directly to expedite getting more
details.

 In regards to option 2, I have no knowledge of this feature being
supported in GT4.

Von

--details from Gregor--

www.cogkit.org, Java CoG Kit version 4

this includes code that not only can handle
gridftp, but also WebDAV, and scp.

It comes with a GUI that looks like a windows desktop.

all is written in Java.

the program is called cog-desktop

we also have a Grid shell that is written in 100% java that can take
commands in an interactive shell.

at this time we are currently implementing an ability to execute a
number of commands stored in a file.