[seek-dev] compiling codes from seek cvs

Jing Tao tao at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Mar 24 15:01:53 PST 2004

Hi, Saritha:

I think you miss some jar files in your classpath in the IDE.

We always use build.xml to complie and build everything. In
seek/projects/ecogrid/build.xml, there is a good example to set up class
path. You may includes every jar file into your IDE following the
build.xml(classpath need lots of jar files some even are in globus/lib).

Also in build.xml, there are some tools can help you deploy your service
to globus or tomcat. It is a good handy tool. If you are intrested in it,
you might take a look.

By the way, the java wrapper class always store in this dir:
seek/projects/ecogrid/src/org/ecoinformatics/ecogrid/wrappername/impl

You can find srb, digir and metacat - those wrappers in ecogrid dir.

The server is irc.ecoinformatics.org:6667 (chanel #seek) and you should
access it. Do you have any firewall in your machine or domain?

Hope this is helpful.

Jing