[seek-dev] Dataset display in Kepler

Jing Tao tao at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Mar 17 15:20:15 PST 2004

Hi, Dave:

This morning we - Bing, Peter, Matt, Jing, Raja and Rod went through the
screenshots for the design.

You know, this design is pretty much base on eml document. For example,
in datasetGUIDisplayBeforeExpand.png file, one fold means a dataset
document(metadata). The list was gotten by parsing the query search
result. In datasetGUIDisplay, a folder(The data for fish...)
is expanded to couple subitems(such as Body Temperature, Speciese listing
and chemicals in water). One subitem is a data table(or data file) and it
has a name(e.g. Body Temperature).

I am not familiar to Digir and Darwin Core, so would you mind going
through  the screenshots and giving some suggestion how to express those
concepts in Digir system?

Thanks a lot!

Jing

---------
Jing Tao
National Center for Ecological
Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS)
735 State St. Suite 204
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

Dear ecogrid folks:

The design documents are in kepler/docs/dev dir.

The file ecogridDatasetClassDiagrams.vsd is for class diagram design. And
the file ecogridDatasetDesign.svg is for collaboration design.

Screenshots is in sub dir - screenshots. The first one is init.png. The
following ones are: datasetGUIDisplayBeforeExpand.png,
datasetGUIDisplay.png, dragDataTableSelectionAttribute.png,
dragDataTable.png and lookInside.png.

The metadata display and data display are doubleClickMetadataDisplay.png
and doubleClickDataDisplay.png.

The advance search screenshots are: subjectSearch.png,
taxonomicSearch.png, spatialSearch.png and optionSearch.png.

Hope this is helpful for tomorrow's conference. Talk with you at 10:00 am
(PCT)!